Wednesday, August 21, 2013

DIY Tank Top Tote Bag

I found this tank top at a clothes exchange, sort of like the print on it. I saw lots of tutorials on shirt refashioning, and thought this is so easy! Even I could do this! Though I did make small changes on how to make the bag, it is still very simple. So here we go, let's turn this tank top into a tote bag.
旧背心变包包啦。超级简单的DIY!

My shirt is very stretchy, so if you decide to work on a stretchy tank too, make sure to not pull on it while cutting and sewing. The two straps are going to be the handles of the bag, so I don't want that extra part on the back. Cut along the line, make sure to leave a 1/4 inch hem.
我们要把肩带变成包包的背带,所以要前后一致。记得留1/4寸的布料做缝边。如果料子是有弹性的,缝的时候尽量不要用力拉。

I used a serger, and then pinned the hem down and sewed along.
我用包边机,边裁掉多余的边包边。再把缝边用缝纫机咱上。


I used extra piece that just cut off to make a pocket. Cut off the two pointy parts on both side.
用刚剪下的那块布做个小口袋。


I serged along the edges, of course you can skip that part. Fold in the hems, and sew along the edges. There, we have a little pocket. You can totally skip the pocket if you don't need one, I just thought it'll be useful to have it~
用包边机咱一圈,当然不是必须的。用熨斗烫过,缝边约1/4寸,再上缝纫机咱一圈。当然啦,不要一整圈都咱上,还是要有开口儿的。如果不想要有口袋当然可以跳过这个步骤了,这样做起来就更简单快速了。


To sew up the bottom, I used some seam binding to keep the bag from stretching out too much. I didn't have a color that would go with it, but it's not going to show so I just used what we have. You can cut the tank shorter if you want a shorter tote, I just left it the way it was since I can never have enough room in my bag... : -) and there you have it. A super simple yet useful project for our old tanks!
如果想要一个小点的包包,可以把背心剪短。为了防止包包被撑太大(我的这个背心的料子太有弹性了),我在缝背心底部时用了seam binding, 用缝纫机缝好,成了。家里多余的旧背心这下可有用武之地了!



No comments:

Post a Comment